Back in June I posted what some of my goals or “bucket list” this summer. Although we didn’t go anywhere too excited (planning a wedding takes all the money) I was actually able to cross off quite a bit of stuff.
1. Take nightly walks Pretty much every night pup and I meet up with my mom and beanie for a walk. 2. Find engagement outfits for Joe and I This seems like SO long ago, I can’t believe that we only took our engagement photos at the beginning of summer. 3. Decide flowers, DJ, Food situation for wedding ALL. DONE. 4. Pass my summer school class A+ Y’all 8. Start DIY and home made decorations for wedding 3. Take a mini beach trip You can see that here. 4. Watch fireworks and have a BBQ on the fourth of July 9. Go to our local farmers market 10. Get at least two shaved ices 11. Go to our fair at the end of summer Corn dogs and funnel cakes galore. 12. See a country concert We saw Joe Nichols at the fair. 13. Try some new summer recipes and drink recipes Duh. Remember the hippie juice?
5. Get new bedroom decor/furniture – Wedding trumps new bedroom decor, after though that is high on the list.
6. Blog 3-5 times a week – I wish. It’s hard, but I try.
7. Get financially organized and save, save, save. – I feel like this will always be a work in progress.
9. Get back to using my planner diligently. – I mostly have been using my wedding notebook like crazy to write down notes. Hopefully after the wedding I will use my planner more.
Summer bucket list:
1. Go camping at least once – Summer is too blazing hot here to sleep outside, spring time for sure!
2. Have at least one bonfire with smores! – Too. Hot.
5. Read at least 4 books (not school related) – I read 2 1/2 so far!
6. Plan date nights for every two weeks somewhere new each time – Saving means not too often date nights. We have plenty of eat in netflix dates though.
7. Get in a body of water this summer – 🙁
8. Have at least somewhat of a tan – hopefully! – HAHA I can’t believe I thought this was an option.
I can’t say that I am sad to see summer go. The hundred degree weather is not a friend of mine and I am looking forward to so many things this fall – the wedding being number one! #oneweek
How was your summer, and what did you accomplish? Or did you have many drinks and sit by the beach or pool? If so, I’m jealous.